Asian style peanut noodles
Oh yes I did it today! I kicked my laziness, stepped out of the door and hit the gym and am I glad I did that?! I am ecstatic. Seriously I am always so happy to workout at the gym only if I could easily beat that laziness. . Okay so from the To- Do list, I did additional cleaning. Okay the amount of cleaning that I am doing these days I have started to think how much mess can we make? We don’t have children or pets to make things upside down all day long, but still I am going crazy with the cleaning. I am starting to think what will happen when I really have kids?
I am starting to digress. I had chickpea curry with rice and yogurt for lunch. The cleaning kinda exhausted me and napped for 30 minutes and then it was time to beat the laziness and go to the gym. After the gym, I went to the library to pick up some books, showered and fixed dinner. No grocery shopping today, I’ll do that tomorrow. For dinner I made these easy Asian style peanut noodles alongside a spinach salad. I forgot to add the shrimps, I am sure it would have tasted great!
Asian style Peanut Noodles.
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti cooked and drained (reserve just about a ¼ cup of the pasta water before draining)
- ½ cup angel hair style shredded green cabbage (or you can thinly shred them yourself too. My grocery store had this pack)
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 stalk of green onion finely chopped the green and white part
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sambal olek (This is the Thai chili paste, so if you are not feeling brave on the spice front don not add this)
- 1 tsp Honey
For the garnishing Cilantro and a kiss of red pepper flakes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Add the cabbage, scallions, mushrooms and pasta to the sauce with the reserved pasta water. The water will make the noodles lil moist. Add S & P as per taste.
- Garnish with Cilantro and red pepper flakes.