I have been away from my blog for a long time and I am sorry about that. I have been carrying out really well with my foods after the crap free week. I was so happy on successfully completing my Crap free week. Now that it is done I am proud to say that I have dropped down 4 pounds can you believe that! Yes 4 lbs..I am ecstatic!
I wanted a jump start to my weight loss but I had no idea it would be that good. So today in the morning I weighed 136 lbs as opposed to my 140 lbs being my stuck up weight.
The new changes that are going to be effect as per a part of the Second week include:
- Carbs for lunch but have to be whole grain only. The idea is to limit carbs as much as possible. I am definitely not low carbing but the idea is to avoid un-necessary carbs from entering the body. Seriously I am not talking for others but in the name of ‘whole grain’, ‘baked’ and ‘complex carbs’ I give myself a self given leeway to let the excess carbs sneak in. Again I am not low carbing!!
- 1 bar a day only if very very hungry. I am a real foodaholic, I can eat just for the fun of it sometimes not thinking that it is going into my body and will show up.
- I have definitely reduced my caffeine intake but the plan is to keep it to the minimum and just have it when necessary.
- I have managed to keep my target in relation to working out 40 mins of pilates and Yoga. It is kinda funny both are complementary and really work the muscles up.
I am consistently following the 31 day yoga challenge for March and still doing the gentle hatha yoga flow #1 from yogadownload.com The funny thing is that each time I do it, that has been about 4 days now I am learning and refining the poses. But I think I’ll proceed to flow #2 tomorrow.
I had a Beet and Kale smoothie this morning!
At about 10 am I had a lite caramel Macchiato in Non fat milk and with Sugar free vanilla syrup. No picture
For lunch I made this lite soup by Nigella Lawson. It is yummy anyways I am a big fan of clear soups and this soup just hit the spot. I substituted the udon noodles with soft white tofu noodles, These had a wonderful structure and finish to them.
Boil 500 ml of a Broth, add brown sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
When boiling, add the noodles, peppers ( I used red and green), bokchoy, bean sprouts and some coleslaw mix.
Top with scallions and chili oil.
I made a big bowl and enjoyed it for Lunch, mid afternoon snack and Dinner too. What do I say I love this stuff!
This is the dinner pic! the difference i added Bokchoy in the evening and is absent in the lunch soup!
Right now I am snacking on some almonds!
Check out the following giveaways around the blogosphere!
- Nalgene 32 oz BPA-free bottle on Emily’s blog.
- Erin Baker’s Original Breakfast Cookies on One frugal foodie’s blog.
Now I am off to work on 2 projects!
See y’all tomorrow!