A few months back I had explained how I was overshooting my budget due to my impulsive purchases and lack of planning. But with a system in hand I think I am getting there. I am not a big spender except when it comes to food. My closet is full of clothes thanks to my Mum. She adds a new collection every six months. But even then I have no excuse to go bonkers with my grocery bills. Sometimes the veggies just sit and rot, cuz I get them and just forget about it. So this week I have a meal plan properly sketched for the week.
Today i.e. Mondays’ dinner was Meatless Ragu with Fennel salad.
(Courtesy: Nigella Express)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups veggie stock
- EVOO- 1 tbsp
- In a skillet with EVOO, add the garlic,onion till the onions are translucent.
- Next add the baby bella mushrooms and cook for another 15 seconds.
- Add the brown rice and the brown lentils. Give them another 2 minutes.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, spices and season.
- Add the stock or water. Let it come to a boil and then lower the flame and cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with some cheddar cheese on top.
Fennel and baby bella salad:
(Recipe from French food at home)
1 bulb fennel
1 stalk of the fronds chopped
4 baby bella sliced
1 scallion soaked in 2 tbsp vinegar with 1/4 tsp salt.
1 lime zest and juice
1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
1 tbsp EVOO
Salt and pepper
Prepare the scallions as above keep them aside.
Chop the fennels, baby bell sliced and the fennel fronds.
Mix all the above ingredients and then the dressing.
Chill before serving.
15 minutes of Arc trainer
25 minutes of C25K Week 1 Day 1.
Q. I desperately want to know if you are a runner, how did you get started? Were/Are you a walk/ run person?