TJs Masala Burger: My version
Oh wow it is snowing today! We already have an inch of snow and the showers are not stopping! Wish it were Sunday tomorrow, so I could sit back and enjoy it the snow, but alas that won’t happen. We may have delays but nothing major to result in a holiday!
Today I have a recipe for ya. TJs Masala burger is quite the popular burger in the blog world. It’s vegan, soy free and one burger that is super tasty.
Here I present my version of this master piece.
- 3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies mashed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (If you want to make gluten free you can use oats or rice flour)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Spices: 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Mash all the veggies, spices, bread crumbs, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Form into patties.
- Cook on a grill or skillet.
It may not taste exactly like the TJs version but they were pretty close and damn tasty!
No grocery shopping this morning hence the breakfast was plain with yogurt + last nights cookie dough ball + unsweetened coconut+ butterscotch chips.
Dinner: I made some yummy pav bhaji today with salad (Spinach, romaine, carrots, cukes, bread and butter pickle and balsamic vinaigrette)
Workout: None..I was supposed to go to the gym today but it was snowing so didn’t happen 😉
Your favorite breakfast?
Since I really don’t have a particular question in mind, I would love to know your birthday. My birthday is on February 2 and this time I’ll be celebrating it with my family in India..Yay!