Cheezy headaches and shrimp rancheros
Hello! Sorry for being out of action for the past two days. I have been experiencing the worst headache for the past couple of days. After evaluating the triggering factor, the clear problem was HAVARTI cheese. It is the tyramine in processed aged cheese which can cause headache for a few people and I clearly belong to that category. Cheese in general does not agree with me, so this was not a huge surprise. I did not want to bog down my posts with this misery so I stayed away from blogging and commenting.
Some lessons that I learned after meal planning for a week and some of the wisdom you guys passed on the post the other day,
- It is important to keep days for leftovers. When you plan stuff, you have a lot of leftovers.
- Keep recipes that will have ingredients overlapping.
- Don’t forget to put essentials like milk, eggs and bread on the grocery list. Just because they are not an ingredient of the meal plan, does not mean you don’t need them 😉
Since I found some great shrimps on sale at the store I decided to change my Wednesday plan.
On the menu today, Shrimp Rancheros, inspired by a not so great Mexican restaurant here in Knoxville. The only thing I loved on their menu was this and today I recreated it at home. Oh how I love this recipe, perfect with beans and rice! I though it was spot on!
- 1 lb shrimps
- 1 bottle of Salsa verde
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
- 1/2 of a red onion sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the salsa, onion, garlic, jalapenos and season.
- Mix the shrimps in and cook it in a skillet for about 5-6 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked.
- Top with cilantro
How easy is that!
Breakfast: Egg white omelet with stuffed mushrooms and peppers
Yoga with Bethenney
Yay my long weekend begins!
Are you a cheese lover?
Off to do some blog reading!