‘Tis the season for making resolutions!This year I am making resolutions to work with them rather than break them. The month of December is inundated with information related to holiday stress or making new resolution and sticking to it. While there are plenty of good websites out there to show you how to make resolutions with tips to stick to them, here I am going to list the ones I liked.
- Base your resolutions on the principle of MICRO. (THE SHU BOX)
- Pick a habit and do them everyday (THE HAPPINESS PROJECT)
- Call these thoughts you are determined to achieve, intentions rather than resolutions. (Averie)
Since I envision these intentions/resolutions/goals to stick with me forever, I would like to translate them into habits! Since every habit takes 21 days to develop, I am planning to introduce an intention every month. So here we go,my resolutions for 2011 to achieve,
- January: Floss everyday. I am starting simple with my resolutions. In the month of January, I will be with my family for most of the month and I don’t want to make a resolution that will break any ways. This one seemed easy to put in this month since I will be brushing my teeth in whatever part of the world I am and flossing should follow! I am good at brushing three times a day but not flossing.
- February: Develop a skin care routine. My skin loves a little pampering but from me only (or my Mum, we have soft hands and sensitive skin)! I have tried facials on one too many occasions only too have bruises on my facial skin. Not a pretty sight, looks like I have been hit by somebody. I am going to pamper my skin with EVOO massages, Fullers’ earth and Sandalwood masks.
- March: Wake up at 5:30 am everyday. I want to develop a morning exercise routine, so I can leave some time for myself in the evening. With the workouts in the pm, my evenings are so crammed!
- April: Reconnect with old friends and network. This resolution will help me make the status “current” with my old friends. Agreed Face book is a great way to keep in touch but something about the whole the world can see what you write makes it so impersonal. I am going to write to all my friends each day on my Gmail contacts which will give me a fantastic starting point to keep up with them and follow up each month. This will serve the purpose of a larger goal Stay connected!
- Late spring and summer :Walk after dinner even if for just 10 minutes everyday.
- Work on my blog, new theme, new header and layout.
- FINALLY achieve my goal weight and practice healthy living! I am already on the road to it and will blog about it soon!!!
So here are my half yearly resolutions which will be reviewed again in the month of May or June and then my progress can be monitored. I am also working on my vision board it is still incomplete and has a lot of quotes and pictures to be stuck in! I’ll blog about it as soon as it is ready.
Are you a resolution person? If yes, tell me one resolution you have set. If no, why don’t you set resolutions?