Ready to be 30?
I am pressed for time, I really need to eat breakfast and I loved this post idea when I saw it on Tanvi’s blog. Here is a list of 30 skills that every woman should possess before she turns 30!I celebrated my 28th bday this year and that gives me two years to ace the one I haven’t completed already. So lets begin,
1. Hard-boil an egg – CHECK
2. Diplomatically tell mom to butt out– Never had to and I don’t think I could do that to her, cuz if she is interested in my matters its because she cares.
3. Ace a job interview -CHECK
4. Ask a man out – FAIL. I don’t think I have the confidence to do that and there is no scope now, since I am married 😉
5. Send a thoughtful thank-you note – CHECK
6. Listen to a friend in need– CHECK. I am an excellent listener.
7. Ask for help– CHECK
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship [romantic or platonic in nature] – Never had to!
9. Beautifully wrap a gift – CHECK. FYI, I am a pro at this.
10. Say “no” gracefully– FAIL until now, CANNOT say no!
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge– CHECK. I would be a shame to the food blogging community if I could not do that, right!
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her – CHECK
13. Sew a button : Poor at it but CHECK
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail: Don’t drink alcohol, so, FAIL!
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt: As embarrasing this is to admit on the blog, I am really good at this thing, so CHECK!
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark – CHECK
17. Balance her checkbook -CHECK
18. Create a budget -CHECK
19. Find the best deal – Wouldn’t say fail, but this is not my area of expertise,the husband is more into finding the best deals etc. But I’ll do at least one best deal before I turn 30 🙂
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise: Never done this!
21. Read a map– CHECK, I am a pro!
22. Hail a cab – CHECK.
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it– CHECK, but it wasn’t for the hell of it, I spoke to the car driver in Paris. My very limited school knowledge of French helped us inform the driver that we didn’t speak French fluently. How paradoxical right!?
24. Apologize when she’s wrong – CHECK
25. Dress for her body type -CHECK
26. Change a flat … or know whom to call to come change it – Never had to, but when in need call the husband right?!
27. Spot a fake [handbag, diamond, potential friend …] – CHECK. Cannot handle fake in any form, human or material.
28. Feign interest – CHECK
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill – CHECK
30. Hold a baby– Must say not my strength but CHECK
Still need to complete a few items on the list before turning 30, but at least its not a long one.
Dinner: Leftovers form yesterday.
Workout: Easy 1.5 mile run at 4.5 mph and 0.5% incline and then walk at 5% incline for 10 minutes.
Let me know if you decide to do this meme, I would love to read more about you 🙂