Thanks, hail stones and brown rice risotto
Ladies, all I can say to begin with is, thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I cannot express how much each of your comment meantto me! I certainly appreciate it and will let you know how things unfold when it is appropriate to talk about it. However just wanted to let you know that I am perfectly fine now-bright and cheery!
04.26.11:Last night I went back to the tread mill to get my run in, I kicked some serious a$$ based on my previous runs. I completed a 5K under 39 minutes running constantly at 5mph (with just one break for a minute).
Today I decided to rest,since I feel bit under the weather. Even the weather is a bit funky here, we are having crazy storms, raining and thundering.Look at the hail stones,
With the loud thundering and rocking hail stones, I thought the roof would break and one of the stone would come and hit me!
I have a lazy girls recipe to share with ya, a 4 minute tomato basil “risotto”. The best thing its vegan, gluten free and quick! The husband is out in this crazy weather entertaining a German crew for dinner and that leaves me all by myself for dinner. This recipe was perfect and since I had no motivation to cook, it worked out pretty well.
Tomato Basil Brown Rice “Risotto”
- 1 packet of Uncle Ben’s 90 second brown rice or 1.5 cup cooked brown rice.
- 1 cup organic pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast.
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup water
- Dump all the ingredients in a sauce pan at medium heat except the rice.
- When the sauce comes to a boil add the brown rice.
- Add some water to thin down the mixture.
- Heat it through and gobble it down!